We like to think that a logo is a signature and not just a small ingredient of a brand. By creating a clever and comprehensive Visual Identity people are able to explore the visual narration of a brand. In this workshop Lava Lab gave an inside in Lava’s approach regarding creating Visual Identities. By giving different lectures and related assigments the participants actively got involved in the process of creating Visual Identities.
During the workshop we spoke about the different sections in designing and practiced this in the hands-on workshop.We started with the value of research and how to research (research section), this got translated into a visual (sketching section) which leads to a choice (concept section) that got translated to an item (design section).
Subjects of the workshop:
• An inside in the way Lava approches an assigment and how they deal with a logo vs. a Visual Identity
• The different stages of creating a Visual Identity
• The benefit of a Visual Research and how to execute it
• Visual cliche’s, and experience how to learn from what your competition is doing
• How to use your Visual Research in creating a simple graphical language
• How to present your sketches and tell about your design steps, learn from the co-particpants and how to refect on your own design.
• Translating your Visual Research, your sketches and presentation into an actual design
• The functionality of a logo within a brand identity, and the beneft of creating an extensive Visual Identity in order to communicate the narration of a brand towards your target audience.
Workshop by Johan Nijhoff.