During the workshop we spoke about the different sections in designing and practised this in the hands-on workshop. We started with the value of research and how to research (research section), this was translated into a visual (sketching section) which led to a choice (concept section) that was translated into an item (design section).
Subjects of the workshop:
• An insight into the way Lava approches an assigment and how they deal with a logo vs. a Visual Identity
• The different stages of creating a Visual Identity
• The benefit of a Visual Research and how to execute it
• Visual clichés, and experience of how to learn from what your competition is doing
• How to use your Visual Research in creating a simple graphical language
• How to present your sketches and tell about your design steps, learn from the co-particpants and how to reflect on your own design
• Translating your Visual Research, your sketches and presentation into an actual design
• The functionality of a logo within a brand identity, and the beneft of creating an extensive Visual Identity in order to communicate the narration of a brand to your target audience.